Rajdhani Vatika or Eco Park is a beautiful park situated in the Punaichak area at Bailey road. It was inaugurated in October 2011. It is an initiative of Environment and Forest Department, Government of Bihar. It is spread in an area of 5 hectare. The lush green campus has 1,445 meter of pathway, a children's corner and 1,191 meter jogging track. It has been developed as to ease the load on Sanjay Gandhi Botanical Garden.
The park is divided into two section. The first section where the entry gate is located, consists of open space for walking in beautifully carved landscape. It also consists of a Childrens' corner where a variety of swings and other things are located. There is no separate entry ticket for it. This section also consists of a small lake where Aqua Zorbing takes place. It is a sort of amusement activity whereby kids/persons are left inside a specially built big balloon in the lake. There is also a beautiful sculpture built by Subodh Gupta named as Cactus Smriti. It is built using kitchen items like glass, spoons, bowls etc. Another design named as Raja Shailesh and built by Rajat Ghosh is equally eye-catching.
The second section of the park is connected to the first by an underground tunnel. The tunnel has circular ramp as well. The centre of the tunnel consists of several panels depicting the various aspect of Buddha's life. This section has a lake, where one can enjoy the boating ride. It consists of a variety of thematic forests and parks where different aspects of the ancient knowledge has been displayed. The astrology aspect has been well displayed. There is also a Nalanda Ruin Corner, which has been created as part of State Centenary celebration, to replicate the ruins of Great Nalanda University. It reminds the visitor of the greatness and grandeur of the ancient Bihar. The park consists of different kinds of flora which blooms in different seasons, giving a different hue to the park with the changing season.
The park is open from morning till evening. There is no charge for the early joggers till 8 AM. It is open till 10 PM. It remains open on all day except on Thursday. After 8 AM, visitor has to buy a ticket at nominal price of Rs 5. The park has also a cafeteria and couple of Sudha parlours where one can enjoy snacks. This park has been very popular among all age groups. The park is well maintained and well laid out. One should get time to visit this park. About 42000 people visited the park on the New year Day on Jan 1, 2015, marking it the most popular destination for the New Year celebration.
At a Glance (Rates as in November 2013)
- Entry Ticket fee : Rs 5 (ticket applicable for child above 3 years) [Rs 20 on New Year Eve on Jan 1, 2015 ]
- Ticket for Handicam Still camera : Rs 50 (mandatory, else fine if caught. Minimum fine Rs 100 plus Camera ticket fee)
- Monthly Pass : Rs 60 per person/child above 3 years
- Fee for video recording : Rs 2,000
- Thursday off
- Timing : 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (March to October)
- Timing : 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (November to February)
- No entry fee for joggers in the morning till opening time (5:00 AM to 8:00 AM)
- Boating rates for 30 minutes : a) 2 seater - Rs 30 b) 4 seater - Rs 50. On Saturday and Sunday, the rates are for 20 minutes only
- Aqua Zorbing rates : Kids below 12 years (up to 30 kg) - Rs 40 per kid, Kid above 12 years (up to 80 kg) - Rs 60 per kid/person
How to reach :
This is situated in Strand Road (or Netaji Subhas Marg) in Punaichak area, off the Bailey road. It is easily accessible by autos. If coming by shared autos, get down at Punaichak Circle, and ask someone about it. It is nearly 300 meter walking.
Patna Junction ~ 4 km
Airport ~ 3 km
Mithapur Bus Stand ~ 9-10 km
Nearby Places :
- Patna Secretariat & State Assembly Building
- Patna Zoo ~ 1 km
View Photos of Eco Park : Rajdhani Vatika (Eco Park)