Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation is the nodal agency for looking after the tourism aspect in the state of Bihar. As a Government Undertaking, it was established in 1980 for the development of tourism in the State and for commercialization of tourist resources available with the state. The corporation has opened and maintains several tourist infrastructure like tourist bungalow, cafeteria, restaurants, transportation facilities and ropeways at various tourist destination.
BSTDC provides accommodation facilities at Tourist bungalows at
- Patna - Kautilya Vihar, Beer Chand Patel Path
- Sonepur - Tourist Rest House (During fair)
- Bodhgaya - Siddarth Vihar
- Sasaram - Shershah Vihar
- Saharsa - Hotel Koshi Vihar
- Mohania - Kaimur Vihar
- Purnea - Hotel Renu Vihar
- Nalanda - Gautam Vihar
- Vaishali - Ambapali Vihar
- Muzaffarpur - Lichchavi Vihar
- Valmiki Nagar - Hotel Valmiki Vihar
- Buxar - Hotel Vishwamitra Vihar
- Singeswar Asthan (Madhepura) - Hotel Singheshwar Vihar
- Rajgir - Tathagat Vihar, Ajatsatru Vihar, Gautam Vihar
BSTDC maintains Information Centers at various places to assist tourist and the related activities. It includes information centers at
- New Delhi
In Patna, it has information centers at Hotel Pataliputra Ashok, Patna Junction, Frazer Road, Patna Airport and Patna Sahib (Har Mandir Takht)
BSTDC is alos concerned with the organisation of various festivals like Rajgir Mahotsava, Sonepur Cattle Fair, Vaishali Mahotsava, Koshi Mahotasava etc. It also provides tourist coach and taxis for local site seeing as well as outstation sites. The M V J Floating Restaurant at Gandhi Ghat in Patna is one of the initiative of BSTDC.
One can visit the website of BSTDC (bstdc.bih.nic.in) for more information. It has good amount of information. One can also get the tariff rates for various tourist vehicles.
Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation (BSTDC)
Bir Chand Patel Path